Under the FOI Act, the CCG must provide a Publication Scheme and it follows the template provided by the Information Commissioner's Office. This sets out seven commitments which the CCG makes and seven classes of information it provides.
This section is designed to be a guide to finding the various types of information easily.
Our Publication Scheme covers information routinely published by the CCG, and is reviewed on regular basis.
CLASSES OF INFORMATION
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What our priorities are and how we are doing
- How we make decisions
- Our policies and procedures
- Lists and registers
- Services we offer
- How we fit into the NHS structure
- Organisational Structure
- Details of the Practices who are Members of the CCG
- List of key organisations with which we work in partnership
North Staffordshire CCG
Stafford & Surrounds CCG
Cannock Chase CCG
South East Staffordshire & Seisdon Peninsula CCG
Southern Derbyshire CCG
Burton Hospital (as Lead Commissioner)
NHS England (as System Regulator + Co-Commissioner of Primary Medical Care)
Staffs County Council: Public Health and Health & Wellbeing Board
Staffordshire Collaborative Commissioning Congress (CCGs + Councils)
East Staffs Borough Council
Staffordshire Fire Service
Our 18 Member Practices
- Meetings with pharmaceutical companies + other medical suppliers
The CCG does not routinely meet with pharma reps however we do manage a number of Primary Care Rebate Schemes with certain suppliers for certain products.
Further information is also available under “How we make decisions” and under Formulary.
- Financial Information
- Expenditure over £25k
- Individual Funding Requests (IFR)
- Staff and Board members’ allowances and expenses – available in
- Staff pay and grading structures – available in Annual Report
- Procurement and tendering procedures
- Details of contracts currently being tendered
There are currently no contracts being tendered.
All CCG tender opportunities are advertised on the national “Contracts Finder” system, in line with national guidance and Monitor Procurement Regulations, should people wish to avail themselves of these opportunities where they may arise in the future.
- CCG Annual Reports & Accounts
- Financial Information – see Finance Report of Governing Body Papers
- Annual Business and/or Commissioning Plan – Operational Plan 2015-16
- Targets, Aims and Objectives
- Strategic Direction
- Performance against targets - see Performance Report of Governing Body Papers
The CCG's Governing Body oversees most of the major decisions as its main role is to set the strategic direction of the CCG and manage performance. Meetings of East Staffordshire Clinical Commissioning Group’s Governing Body are held in public. Details of forthcoming meetings in 2015/16.
There are a number of ways that patients can support East Staffordshire GPs and the Clinical Commissioning Group to shape local healthcare services that meet the needs of local people, this information can be found in the Get Involved section of this website.
East Staffordshire CCG works collaboratively with the other South Staffordshire CCGs in effectively discharging our statutory responsibilities in relation to NICE Technological Appraisal (TA) guidance. This process involves an annual horizon scan to inform the value of a NICE reserve to support in-year implementation. The CCG will fund eligible patients on a ‘Prior Approval’ basis in-year, utilising the reserve.
Funding for subsequent years is planned and agreed with Service Providers and reflected in their NHS contracts. Funding for all TAs prior to March 2013 will therefore be included in this year’s contract. Any recent TA guidance will be funded by Prior Approval, subject to NICE eligibility criteria being demonstrated. All newly-published TA guidance is discussed at the Area Prescribing Group (APG), where any variance in predicted and NICE reported costs are considered, along with any issues around implementation. The CCG Prescribing Formulary is then updated following APG discussion.
- Board papers – agenda, supporting papers and minutes
- Patient and public engagement strategy
- Public consultations (e.g. concerning closures / variations of services) – there are no current consultations
- Policies and procedures relating to the conduct of business and the provision of services - see Policies/C(ii) Business Conduct
- Procedures for handling requests for information - see Corporate C(i) - IG policies and Freedom of Information
- Health and Safety - see policies on Fire Safety, Office Safety Procedure and Incident Reporting under Corporate C(ii) “Business Conduct”
Policies and procedures relating to human resources including recruitment and employment policies – see Corporate C(iii) Human Resources
- Equality and Diversity policies and Equality Scheme
- Complaints and other customer service policies and procedures - see Policies/D Patient Safety & Quality
- Data protection / records management/ Caldicott Guardian - see Corporate C(i) - IG policies
- Standing financial procedures / instructions - please see Appendices D & E of CCG Constitution
- Standing orders - please see Appendices D & E of CCG Constitution
- Any information the authority is currently legally required to hold in publicly available registers
- List of main contractors / suppliers - see List of Current CCG Contracts on Policies and Contracts
- Asset registers - Hospitality Register and Information Asset Register
- Disclosure Log (FOI)
- Clinical services commissioned – available in Annual Report
- Non-clinical services – available in Annual Report
- Services for which the authority is entitled to recover a fee together with those fees – available in Annual Report
- Patient Advice and Liaison Service
- Corporate communications & media releases