This consultation has now closed, a report on the findings can be found here
We want to hear your views on proposals to centralise hyper-acute stroke services at the Royal Derby Hospital for the first 72 hours of care. The service would be provided via a seven-day Hyper Acute Stroke Unit with patients then returning to either Queen’s Hospital Burton or other local community bases for their follow-up care and rehabilitation.
The proposal is based on nationally agreed best practice and was included in the formal application to merge Burton Hospitals Foundation Trust and Derby Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, which was approved by regulators in March 2018 to create the University Hospitals of Derby & Burton NHS Foundation Trust.
Patient consultation was undertaken as part of the merger application, however commissioners and providers are holding a further eight-week consultation to give patients and the public the opportunity to have their say on the proposal specifically relating to stroke services.
The CCG would like feedback on the proposal to centralise hyper-acute stroke services at the Royal Derby Hospital for the first 72 hours of care. You can read more about the proposal in our consultation document and Case for Change . The consultation runs from Monday 10 June 2019 until midnight on Sunday 4 August 2019.
There are many ways to share your views with us:
- Complete the on-line survey here
- Attend one of our public meetings from 6.00pm – 8.00pm at the following venues:
- Tuesday 2 July – Uttoxeter Town Hall, High Street, Uttoxeter ST14 7HN
- Wednesday 10 July – Wade Street Church Hall, 34 Wade Street, Lichfield, WS13 6HL
- Thursday 18 July – Burton Town Hall, King Edward Place, Burton-on-Trent DE14 2EB
- Wednesday 24 July – *New Venue* The Wiggin Centre, Plantation Ln, Mile Oak, Tamworth B78 3NG
- Book a place on any of the events by following this link or call us on 01283 507100. Please indicate if you have a request for additional support during the meetings, such as an interpreter or information in an alternative format.