We want to hear your views on our proposal to create a single Strategic Commissioning Organisation (CCG) for Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
CCGs are groups of GPs who come together to form a membership. Along with Lay Members, they are clinically led decision making bodies who are responsible for designing and buying local health and care services. Six CCGs do this for the 1.1. million people who live across Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent.
In the last few years, the six CCGs have developed closer working relationships, and now have a single leadership team. They also hold their Governing Body meetings ‘in common’ so that any strategic decisions affecting the whole population can be made. We are now proposing to formalise these arrangements by creating a Single Commissioning Organisation (SCO), with responsibility for the entirety of Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent from April 2020.
We would like to hear views of patients, public, community and voluntary groups, health and social care providers and local authorities on these plans.
In December 2018, the CCGs made an application to NHS England confirming their intention to develop and operate as a single organisation. Consultation has already taken place with the Governing Bodies of the six CCGs and with more than 150 GP surgeries in the region.
The CCGs would like feedback on whether you support the proposal to create an SCO, or if you would prefer to keep the current system. It is also a chance to give any feedback you may have on how the CCGs currently operate and how commissioning will work in future.
You can read more about the proposals in our consultation document .
The consultation runs from Tuesday 7 May 2019 until midnight on Sunday 30 June 2019 (this has been extended). There are many different ways to share your views with us:
- Complete the feedback form
- Call us on 01782 298 002
- Attend our public meetings (all 7-8pm, with arrival from 6.30pm):
- 22 May, Medical Institute, Hartshill, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 7NY
- 23 May, The George Hotel, Lichfield, WS13 6PR
- 28 May, St. Edwards Academy, Leek ST13 8DN
- 29 May, Entrust, Stafford ST16 3TH
- 4 June, Aquarius Ballroom, Hednesford, Cannock WS12 1BT
- 5 June, Pirelli Stadium, Burton DE13 0BH
- 7 June, Bill Brownhill Room, South Staffordshire District Council, WV8 1PX (Registration 1pm: Event opens 1.30pm and closes 2.30pm)
- Additional public drop-in event - 20 June, Tamworth Community Fire Station, Marlborough Way, Tamworth, B77 2JN (Registration 3pm: Event opens 3.30pm and closes 4.30pm)
- Book a place on any of the events
- Write to us at Freepost, PO Box 12345, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 1TS